Monday, October 28, 2013

Called by my name

You have heard the verses:

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart. (2 Chronicles 7:14-16 NLT)

When there is a movement of God, it does not begin with the un-godly. Repentance starts in the house of God. Jonah preached to Nineveh and the entire city repented in sackcloth and ashes. Peter preached to the Jews, how they crucified the King of kings, it pricked their hearts and that day, three thousand repented and turned to Jesus. "The Great Awakenings" here in America have changed the path of this great nation. 

We may blame others, the government, our president, Hollywood, or what have you. This truth remains in this verse: "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." It starts with us, you and me, the church.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. (Psalms 51:10,11, 12 KJV)

When was the last time you just laid out in the floor by yourself and got into the presence of The Lord?
"His ears will be open and attentive to us", if we just humble ourselves, if we just "pray and seek his face". We need a move from God! We need his mighty, awesome power to sweep through our homes, churches, schools, and our nation! 

What are we willing to do about it? Let's get on our knees together and start cleaning house! We are "called by his name" for a purpose! We have not been saved by the blood of lamb to just be "ok" with ourselves! We must get real, lost are hanging in the balance. Peoples lives depend on it. Let's make this life, sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment