Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A lesson learned

    I thought about having a couple of blogs, but who has time for that?! Anyway, this blog is about more than bees or my family farm. It's about my family, my church family, my life, my teenagers, and many other things.

    I was thinking about the Jr.high kids, they were so inquisitive last Sunday night. They asked a lot of questions (some of which were really big questions!). The lesson was about Adam and eve, temptation and desire. They really wanted to learn! It makes it worth working with young people. It's not always easy for sure and many times it crosses my mind to throw in the towel! When a young adult comes to you and says, "you made a difference in my life", it humbles me, it makes it with it all.

        James 1:14-15 NLT says:

    Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

    Adam and eve desired to be like God, to know good and evil. The fruit looked good. They were not told that they couldn't eat from the tree of life!  They chose the tree of knowledge of good and evil instead, the only tree God said not to eat of. They made a choice...just like we do everyday.

    I hate sin, because sin keeps me from being close to the maker of my soul. These teenagers know, just like we all do, that sin separates us from God.
   
    Hebrews 12:1  (NLT)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

   We do have a tree of life and his name is Jesus! God made a way for us, so that we could have life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment