Sunday, September 22, 2013

Faith


Now Faith
is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 


Why do you believe in Jesus Christ?

Stop and think about that one moment, when you knew it was time to accept Jesus, to let him have control.

What a powerful moment!

I was raised in church, raised reading the bible, raised believing in the power of prayer. We were going 
to church, no matter what!


I was nine years old, it had been on my heart about giving my life to Jesus. Now, I'm a shy person (especially when I was little), and the thought of walking up that aisle to the front was daunting to say the least! The Lord was tugging on my heart pretty strong though, I could feel it and I still remember it to this day. One Sunday morning, a gentleman named Clifford Sharp spoke to me about accepting Jesus. Bro. Clifford and his family were and are like family to my family. I knew I needed Jesus, but I waited until the next Sunday. On the important matters I just about always take my time and think about it (just ask my wife, Josie, she knows all too well!).

The day I accepted Jesus was a remarkable day for me! It did not mean any less that I had not done drugs, alcohol, or some other "big" testimony grabber. My Jesus saved me from MY SIN!

Romans 3:23 NIV


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

It does not matter your sin, big or little, Jesus saves, he forgives.
I can still remember that day. My dad had to work, so my Aunt Jo Lois had brought my mom, brother and me to church. When we got home, I had to go see my dad. When dad saw me, he knew what had happened! Of course, he wished he could have been there, but he was so excited for me!

I felt the holy spirit in a way I had not before. Waves of happiness and God's presence flooded over me that day. What a sweet revelation! Life is so sweet.


By the way, what a beautiful, fresh Autumn day! So exciting! 
Tomorrow we will hear from 
Dale Chance, a friend and brother in 
Christ. So re-share this with your friends and we will hear something good from my friend, Dale Chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment