Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting back up

           ~ Scripture of the day~
              
               Psalms 113:3 KJV
From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.

Last night we had a special youth service for SYATP. It seemed as though we were going to be hard pressed for everything to work out right. My co youth pastor, + Buddy Buckner and his family, have been battling strep throat and sickness, so he wasn't able to be there. After our IMPACT PRAYER started, I had to tell some of youth to "chat" outside. So, it felt like a struggle already.

At that moment, I told the Lord, "I can't do this, please touch us and change us!"

So the Lord really moved last night in a powerful way! A couple of guys came to me and I knew, by the holy spirit, that they were struggling with not only sin, but guilt and condemnation. My heart was broken, as these guys cried on my shoulder. The devil wants us to feel guilty and beat down.

John 8:10-11 KJV

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Jesus does not condemn us! Please remember this when you feel beat up and you "messed up" yet again. Just like I told these young guys, GET BACK UP. They were dealing with feeling unworthy of even talking to God! Jesus wants you to come to him, all the time.

Proverbs 24:16 ESV
For the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

Yes, "a righteous person falls", that means fail, sins, whatever you want to call it. He fails many times, but he gets back up! Get up! Remember,

Life is so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment