Saturday, September 14, 2013

"Be still"

       It's so hard to "be still" for very long in this busy life we have made for ourselves and yes, we make it busy.

       What makes your life busy?

              Psalms 46:10 (NLT)
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”
      
I'm sitting here at modica bros, writing and waiting (no offense Adam@modica bros, part of life), for our expedition to be worked on. I decided it was a good time to read my bible. I read some verses in psalms and proverbs (I could camp out there). It is refreshing to take in the word of God, don't you agree? Powerful, like breathing fresh clean air from the first cool front of the fall season (I can't wait!), enjoyable as watching the sunset, peaceful when you know where you are at is where God wants you to be. That is apart of being still.

You ever have a moment when all of sudden, the holy spirit speaks to you or shows you something just out of the blue? Then you have the "wow" and awe of God, you feel the presence of God wrap all around you! Then....there it is, that "be still" moment, when you understand and realize a little bit more just who your God really is!

He is:
Alpha and omega, beginning and the end, the Lord almighty, the great I am(one of my favorites). He is the lion of tribe of Judah, the lamb of God, he is the light of the world, the air I breathe and the song I sing!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (This is part of the lesson Josie, my wife, taught at church for youth service.)

Give thanks in all circumstances! This is how we are joyful always and this is God's will for us, he wants us to be happy.

Be still and know that I am God
These are the powerful "moments" that God moves and changes us down deep. The really special times that only you  and God share.

What really keeps us so busy that we don't make time for the Lord?

How often do we thank God for what he has done in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment