Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Someone special

       Genesis 2:18, 21-23 NLT
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took
out one of the man’s ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”

I just want to say that I love my wife, Josie. Next to Jesus Christ, I don't know what I would do without her! She completes who I am. She has "helped" me so much, she takes care of me, listens to me (when I moan and complain and whine and so on, you get the picture!), she blesses me, she supports me (even when she shouldn't), and she does so much more! Thank you for loving me, Josie Ann Mathis!


Our story: the short version:
Josie and I have known each other since we were around eleven and fourteen, but didn't really become friends until I was about eighteen. People always said that something was there. We didn't see it and denied it, we were "just friends". We grew close, went through some hard times together as her dad passed away. My family didn't really accept her at first, my brother was the worst (he was loosing his brother, he very much loves my wife now.) We went out together (officially anyway) for about six months, before we got married. We were blessed and still are, neither of us had dated anyone else, kissed anyone else, and God was gracious in that we stayed pure for our marriage. It is a blessing  to live for The Lord, and then God blesses you with a wonderful, godly wife, with a friend who shares in your triumphs and defeats. She is there with you no matter what.


I know, I know, enough mushy stuff, but here is the point:

       Ephesians 5:28-29 (KJV)

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:


Men, we need to love our wives as ourselves! What a wonderful treasure God has given us. He loves us so much. The way he loves us is the way we should love and cherish our wives.
If you have a good marriage and your wife loves you, don't take it for granted! Remember yesterday's blog? Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy.


I know I take my wife for granted sometimes...and vice versa
(I probably more! Gotta be careful how I put that, yikes!). Men 
have a direct responsibility and expectation from The Lord to admonish our wives. 


          Ephesians 5:25 


Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Christ loves us so much, he endured the pain and shame of the cross. We have an example to go by. Jesus loves people, he took time for people. Take time for your wife and your family, then take time for people and love them like Jesus does.

          Proverbs 31:10 

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment